Wednesday, June 10, 2015

A sliver of my mind.


I have a crazy obsession with podcasts. It's to the point where I listen when ever I can (even above socializing.) I listen to 56 feeds, every feed is listens to from the first episode, and no feed is listens to twice before an episode from every other episode is listened to. 

The way I organize it is with a playlist that gets new episodes downloaded at the bottom while old episodes are deleted from the top. For practicality purposes I only add new episodes while plugged in and on wifi. To ensure that I won't run out of podcasts to listen to while I'm out and about I keep a buffer of 20+ episodes. 

In this regard its kind of like "magic the gathering" I start off with 20 life points and if I get to 0 your dead. Every turn (day) I take damage (the number of episodes I listen to). As a preventive measure I have life giving cards (new episodes) some have a large supply of tokens (unheard episodes) others give life after periods of time. The really powerful ones slow down how much damage I take (long episodes). 

This is just shit on my mind. It took me 5 times as long to write this than I took conceiving, contemplating, and enjoying the thought before moving on to something else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where would you rather live?